Friday, April 26, 2013


Each evening, it is a short walk from my front door to an amazing sunset.   I have an open invitation from my neighbor to meander through his yard and watch the sky over the marsh light up like a rainbow of cotton candy.    I like to end my day there. I drink in the beauty of the view, briny smell of the water, and the sound of the birds, crickets, and rustling trees.  My husband teases me that I’m going out to feed the mosquitoes– but is well worth it.  Sometimes my son will ride his bike, racing circles around me up and down this quiet street. The sun sets in this spot every day. I do not get there as often as would like. Some evenings other obligations pull me away. And, other times clouds obscure the view.  But, it is always there.  

No comments:

Post a Comment