Monday, November 5, 2012

Back at task

Where does the time go? Its now been another year, another birthday, another wedding anniversary, and my little son is in kindergarten. I have continued to neglect this little blog. My writing has stayed locked up on my laptop, and is searching for a way into the light. While I search for a publisher, I will post a little here. About myself, I listen to a lot of audio books while driving to and from clients. It makes the hours in my car enjoyable. After my most recent sojourn to the local public library, I carried away a few practical books as well in addition to the novels I tend to enjoy. For the past week, I have been thoroughly enjoying Happier at Home by Gretchen Rubin. Two of her observations that I most relate to right now are that: the days are long, but the years are short. And, that it is good to push myself to "be uncomfortable" for 15 minutes a day, every day, to work on one of those projects I simply want done. So now, today, I will take a few moments to do a small task that will make my home more comfortable or organized, mail pictures of my son to grandparents, and write just a little. I've taken on a couple of other projects too, skills I am determined to learn. But more on those later.

No comments:

Post a Comment