Friday, November 9, 2012

Popcorn and Asian Take-Out

I finished listening to Gretchen Rubin's book, Happier at Home, and am now regularly checking her blog: http://happiness-project.com/. I enjoyed the anecdotes and useful recommendations. Lest I become overwhelmed, I remind myself to take what I want and leave the rest. She frequently repeated the paradox of how we sometimes need both less and more. Practical application, both simplify and enrich my life by slowing down some tasks, such as actual cooking. I am relearning how to make popcorn in a kettle, a task I was very good at when much younger, but stopped doing so when my parents bought our first microwave when I was in middle school. I am taking time to actually bake cookies in the oven, though I usually use frozen cookie dough so I can both control the portions and save precious prep and clean up time. At least once a week I use my crock pot, preparing supper in the morning, so I can come home to a hot meal and the house smelling wonderful. A little bit of planning can lead to a lot of satisfaction. Recently, I had worked a long day. I hadn't the forethought to throw some meat and veggies in my crock pot before I left. I wanted to stay home, hubby wanted to go out, and the simple solution (which rarely occurs to us) was, Asian takeout. Yummy. Our favorite spot is http://www.jadesbistro.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment